Resource Kode5 Artificial Intelligence Courses
Teachers Quick-Start Guide
Kode5 courses let K-5 teachers with no experience, training, prep time or budget bring computer science learning to their classroom. To get a feel for the Course, check out Lesson 1 using the Quick-start tips below.
Kode5 Artificial Intelligence courses will be announced soon, and can be streamed now by interested teachers who agree to provide informal feedback and reaction. Below is the Quick Start Guide for these teachers; we will be in touch in the days ahead to seek your feedback.
Key Points for Teachers:
- Each course is ten lessons of about an hour of classroom time each.
- No teacher experience, prep, training, or expense is required. Teachers can of course preview the lesson if they like—15 minutes of Lesson 1 will give you a full idea of the teaching and learning style involved.
- Lessons consist of teaching segments and activity segments: students and the teacher will be online in a second browser tab doing activities throughout each class.
- Take your time! Complete each activity as instructed.
- We suggest pair programming wherever possible to enhance students’ social, collaborative experience.
- Relax! Despite the “AI” topic, these courses assume no experience or pre-requisite. Any child or teacher in the designated grade ranges will enjoy and learn from these courses.
- Pace is entirely up to the teacher, who can pause each lesson whenever desired to make sure they and their students are on track.
- Lessons can be done in parts, naturally segmented by the Activities presented.
- Lessons are free-standing: students and teachers can enjoy and learn from any lesson on its own, or all lessons in sequence.
- Either complete course can be streamed from its respective Playlist at the CSisElementary YouTube channel: AI for Early Elementary, and AI for Upper Elementary.
- Other K-5 computer science learning content and live events are also on our YouTube channel. Subscribe to receive class and live event alerts.